Wednesday, December 16, 2015

RONALD KESSLER: The FBI’s problem with Muslim leaders

RONALD KESSLER: The FBI’s problem with Muslim leaders
They would prefer we search for the keys under the streetlight because the light is better there. "The FBI has outreach programs to try to develop sources in the Muslim community and solicit tips, but Mr. Cummings found little receptivity. He found that while Muslims have brought some cases to the FBI, Muslim leaders in particular are often in denial about the fact that the terrorists who threaten the United States are Muslims. “I had this discussion with the director of a very prominent Muslim organization here in D.C.,” Mr. Cummings told me. “And he said, ‘Why are you guys always looking at the Muslim community?’ “ Mr. Cummings began laughing. “OK, you know what I’ll do?” Mr. Cummings said. “I’ll start an Irish squad, or how about a Japanese squad? You want me to waste my time and your taxpayer’s dollars going to look at the Irish? They’re not killing Americans. Right now, I’m going to put my money and my people in a place where the threat is.” Then Mr. Cummings told him to take a look at the cells the FBI had rolled up in the United States “I can name the homegrown cells, all of whom are Muslim, all of whom were seeking to murder Americans,” Mr. Cummings said. “It’s not the Irish, it’s not the French, it’s not the Catholics, it’s not the Protestants, it’s the Muslims.” In response to such points, Muslim groups have told him he is rough around the edges. “I’m not rough around the edges,” Mr. Cummings has told them. “You’re just not used to straight talk.” Mr. Cummings found they respond by getting angry at him."

No comments:

Post a Comment