Thursday, August 30, 2007

Viacom's Chutzpah

Guy makes commercial to run for local office. Guy posts video on YouTube. Viacom's Web Junk 2.0 takes the video and shows it on VH1 without permission of guy. Guy posts segment featuring his video from VH1 on YouTube. Viacom tells YouTube to remove infringing video for copyright violation.
That's chutzpah. So is this: multimedia giant Viacom is claiming that I have violated their copyright by posting on YouTube a segment from it's VH1 show Web Junk 2.0... which VH1 produced – without permission – from a video that I had originally created.

Viacom used my video without permission on their commercial television show, and now says that I am infringing on THEIR copyright for showing the clip of the work that Viacom made in violation of my own copyright!

No comments:

Post a Comment