Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tom Swift rights acquired

Cool. [Link]
Worldwide Biggies, a digital studio recently opened by longtime Nickelodeon and Spike executive Albie Hecht, has acquired all rights to Simon & Schuster's long-running Tom Swift book series, Variety reported.

The company plans to introduce the franchise with a feature film and video game, followed by episodes for TV and the Web.

The books, originated by Edward Stratemeyer, center on Swift, a teenage genius born into a family of inventors. The series has had a wide following for decades, spanning some 100-plus installments in numerous genres. At its core has always been young Tom's knack for problem solving and fantastical inventions.
Some of the earliest sci-fi I read was the 50's incarnation of Tom Swift, Tom Swift Jr. When I was older I read the third Tom Swift series, set in space. There have been two series since that I have not read.
One of the first letters I ever wrote was to suggest to WTVJ that they should have a Tom Swift series. I was seven or eight. I reread them many, many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment