Monday, January 21, 2008

CNN puts foot in mouth

According to CNN, black females vote based entirely on racial or gender line. [Link]

The story states: "For these women, a unique, and most unexpected dilemma, presents itself: Should they vote their race, or should they vote their gender?" Read the story

An e-mailer named Tiffany responded sarcastically: "Duh, I'm a black woman and here I am at the voting booth. Duh, since I'm illiterate I'll pull down the lever for someone. Hm... Well, he black so I may vote for him... oh wait she a woman I may vote for her... What Ise gon' do? Oh lordy!"

And what about white men?

"Since Edwards no longer officially exists, as a white male I face the same choice - either I vote my race (Clinton) or my gender (Obama). Or I could just pick the candidate based on who I think would be best," wrote Michael.

Perhaps they should listen to Dr. King:
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

2 comments:

George Vreeland Hill said...

Obama is trying to hurt Hillary, and is losing focus on the key issues because of it.
If this is what he does, then I do not want him in the White House.
I want a candidate who will tell me what he or she will do to make this country better, and not play dirty for his own cause.
Red flags go up around Obama every time he speaks.
He needs to stop this garbage fast.
Better Hillary than him.

George Vreeland Hill

Jeff said...

If you don't think Hillary & Bill are doing the exact same thing, you aren't paying attention.

Post a Comment