Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best new character of the decade

From io9. [Link]

Never mind the best books, comics, movies or TV shows of the last ten years, which new character made the biggest impact in your hearts and minds? We want to know what you think, and I have my own suggestions...
In this era of franchises based on pre-existing... well, franchises, really, it should be tough for brand new characters to make any significant impression, but I feel like we've been spoiled for choice in some ways; beyond the five mentioned below, I could've also gone forY The Last Man's Yorick Brown, Scott Pilgrim's Kim Pine (Because, really, it's all about Kim. Admit it), Fringe's Walter Bishop or Dollhouse's Adelle DeWitt, to name just a few more. I'm not talking about the most important characters of the last ten years, or even the most popular, please understand; this is purely a (selfish and subjective) question of quality, for once. These, however, are my top 5:

I agree with this pretty much. Two I would add though (not just sci-fi):


1 comment:

bunny42 said...

I must admit to never having heard of most, if not all, of his selections. I agree that Brenda Lee Johnson is formidable, but hey, what about Monk?? Or, perhaps, Denny Crane? (Shatner in Boston Legal, in case you're not a regular.)

Post a Comment