Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Well, that was fast. Game of Thrones renewed for second season

I read the first book, but unlike almost everyone I know who has read them, I made my saving throw and have not read the rest. It was well done, but not to my style. [Link]

HBO announced the Game of Thrones will be picked up for a second season.
The series, based on George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice books, premiered on Sunday night
to good ratings: 2.2 million viewers watched it in its initial airing. That number grew to 4.2 million, as it re-aired twice. The initial number is low, compared to HBO’s last big launch,Boardwalk Empire, which premiered with 4.8 million, but like that show, Thrones was almost immediately picked up for a second season after its premiere aired.

No comments:

Post a Comment