Friday, December 21, 2012

Rational debate on guns

"Rational" debate. [Link]
"Do guns exist?"
"No!"
"I'm sorry you have chosen not to live in the real world.  Next."
"Do guns exist?""Yes."
"What can you do about it?"
"We could ban them."
"I'm sorry, there are hundreds of millions of them, and the Constitution and Supreme Court say they're a right."
"I don't like that.  It shouldn't be true."
"I'm sorry you have chosen not to live in the real world.  Next."
"Do guns exist?"
"Yes."
"What can you do about it?"
"Not much, really.  They're made all over, of durable materials, and there's a demand for them, so any law is at most a stopgap."
"What about guns in schools?"
"NO!  There should be laws against that!"
"There are laws against that.  I'm sorry you have chosen not to live in the real world.  Next."
Read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment