Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Auschwitz Survivor Confronts ICE Director: 'History Is Not On Your Side'

Auschwitz Survivor Confronts ICE Director: 'History Is Not On Your Side'
It's not. "In a dramatic moment at a public forum on immigration Tuesday, 87-year-old Bernard Marks confronted U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Acting Director Thomas Homan. “When I was a little boy in Poland, for no other reason but for being Jewish, I was hauled off by the Nazis,” Marks said. “And for no other reason I was picked up and separated from my family, who was exterminated in Auschwitz. And I am a survivor of Auschwitz and Dachau.” Marks then proceeded to warn Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, who hosted the event, against working closely with Homan to carry out the Trump Administration’s strict deportation policies, which include stalking immigrants at courthouses. "

No comments:

Post a Comment