Monday, April 23, 2018

Woman fined $500 after taking free snack apple off Delta flight

Woman fined $500 after taking free snack apple off Delta flight

I'm sure CBP employees wonder sometimes why no one likes them. It's a mystery. "Delta airlines gave a passenger a free apple as an on-flight snack. She took it off the plane, failed to declare the agricultural contraband, and was fined $500 by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol when they found it in her bag. She said the customs agent pulled out the apple in the plastic bag with Delta's logo on it. Tadlock said she had just received the snack from the airline and asked if she could throw it out or eat it. She said the agent said no, and handed her a $500 fine instead. "He had asked me if my trip to France was expensive and I said, 'Yeah.' I didn’t really get why he was asking that question, and then he said 'It’s about to get a lot more expensive after I charge you $500,'" Tadlock said. The sheer malicious smugness really makes it."

No comments:

Post a Comment