Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Residents call police on black firefighter in uniform for doing his job while black

Residents call police on black firefighter in uniform for doing his job while black

This has gone beyond ridiculous. "As Moore was finishing up, he said he turned around to find the resident outside near the front steps of the house, video-recording him on a cell phone. “He kind of startled me,” Moore said. “He says, ‘Well, what are you doing here?’ I say, ‘We’re here doing our annual vegetation inspection.’ Then he asks for ID. I say no problem. He takes a picture of my ID and says I need to get a different one. I’ve had that ID for years. It’s kind of dark, and I’m more of a dark-skinned black guy, but you can still see me.” Moore said he suggested that if the resident were still concerned, he could simply look out onto the street where “a big red fire engine is right there.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment